How US Citizen can Marry in Philippines

How US Citizen can Marry in Philippines

This is Fred Wahl the VisaCoach Today’s topic is: How can a US Citizen get
Married in the Philippines Visa Coach Fast, Easy and Personal I am Fred Wahl, the VisaCoach, I am known
for the personal one-on-one relationship that WE share,
(that’s you, me and your partner), as WE work together,
as a TEAM, to overcome the many challenges of immigration, Don’t risk your happiness, Don’t go this course
alone. Alone, it’s far too easy to make mistakes
that cause tears, delays and expensive denials. Do Pick up the Phone and speak with me directly,
so that, you and I, can get to know each other. This is the free
introductory consultation I talk about later. If we are compatible, that’s the beginning
of our beautiful relationship to get you the immigration approvals
you need. This is what two of my clients Tyler and Hazel,
had to say: Hazel comes from the Philippines and I helped
her get her Spouse visa., this is what she wrote: I am so pleased that my husband have chosen
your service and as a result of your very organized,
well detailed preparations and your very clear and precise step by step instructions in all
our paper works which leads us to a successful
immigrant visa approval! This saves us from all the trouble and stressed
during the interview. Having said that…
the key to a seamless and successful visa interview and approval lies on
how well ones paperwork’s are prepared. Therefore, we highly recomend your excellent
service and rest assured nothing can go wrong but truly a dream come true for us! We appreciate your all time support and quick
turnaround in accommodating all our questions each time we have doubts and confusions. Thank you Mr. Fred Wahl! You are most welcome: Hazel and Tyler Now, lets talk about “How can a US Citizen
get Married in the Philippines” I am pleased to help my clients get both fiancé
and spouse visas to bring their loved ones to the USA. Almost half of the couples I work with come
from the Philippines. It turns out that the US Embassy in Manila
is THE busiest of all US Embassies in the world. Processing
10’s of thousands of requests for visas to travel to the USA every year. The Philippines is a wonderful country. The people are very kind,
very gentle, they are awesome to know and be friends with. English is taught in the schools so most Filipinos
can speak some English, and they like the USA, they
like Americans. And most Filipino Families have some relatives
who have already immigrated to the USA. This all makes the Philippines a very popular
place for an American to find romance. I know that I did. If you have fallen in love with someone from
the Philippines basically you have two choices to bring him
or her to the USA. Either get engaged then apply for a fiancée
visa or marry and apply for a spouse visa. Most choose the fiancé visa route
because it is much faster than the spouse visa. Currently
(and this changes over time), currently it takes about 8 to 9 months
to get a Fiance visa from Manila, compared to 14 to 18 months
to get a Spouse visa. That “doesn’t make sense” you say. “Married should be faster”,
Well, yes, BUT the way these processes work, a fiance visa
is considered a non-immigrant visa, good for a 90 day visit,
to meet potential inlaws and Disneyland, and IF a wedding
occurs to remain in the USA permanently. But it is a big IF,
and the system assumes the fiance might go back to Philippines,
so since it is officially only for a short stay, the visa does
not need to be vetted as much as a spouse visa. A spouse visa
on the other hand is considered REGULAR immigration. That means
the applicant is not applying for a short visit, but
is applying to stay in USA permanently. So there is more vetting,
more examination, and the final approval includes approval for the GREEN CARD. The spouse visa allows your spouse
to enter the USA, and to STAY permanently. Despite the spouse visa needing more time,
for many the attraction of marrying your love sooner, and having a
wedding ceremony in a tropical paradise, among your spouse’s
family, friends, and neighbors can be very attractive. For those here is how to get married in the
Philippines. Getting married in the Philippines takes planning
and it takes some time, and needs a minimum of 10 days. If you’re flying in for a short stay you will
have to plan your time carefully. The reason it takes at least ten
days is because in order to get married one first needs to obtain
a marriage license. Applying for a marriage license
in the Philippines is somewhat like applying to buy a gun
in the USA. There is a ten day cooling off period between
when you file your application until the earliest you can
get to the altar. Applying requires you and your fiance to go
to the court or mayors office and present the following
documents. Passports. Birth certificates. Proof of termination of previous marriages
Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage
and as in most recent update each applicant (even the American) must provide a
Certificate of No Marriage, (CENOMAR), issued by the Philippines Government (PSA) The CENOMAR can be ordered in advance and
can be ordered online and takes about 10 days to be issued. It’s best to
order this document well in advance of your arrival in the Philippines. But the Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract
Marriage is not so easy for an American to obtain. The Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract
Marriage is a document issued by a government body, that states the
holder is currently not married and is free to marry. Many countries like the Philippines maintain
a central registry of marriages so this document would normally be issued
by a government authority. However, since the USA does not have any central
registry of marriages it is impossible to find any US Federal, State
or local government office that would issue the statement stating
they have checked their records and you are not married and are eligible
to marry. So what can you do? Well the US Embassy is there for you. They can not issue a document
that categorically states you are not married, but what they CAN do is,
allow you to raise your hand and swear to a consular officer that
you are not married, and he then can issue a statement, that he has
witnessed you making your sworn statement. This is called “Affidavit In Lieu of a Certificate
of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” Both the consular section at the US Embassy
in Manila, and the consulate’s satelite office in Cebu will do this for you. Do be aware however, that a very few of the
local towns, like Quezon City, Makati City, and Davao City and others might
not accept this Affidavit. Best is to find out in advance, and if necessary
choose another town to marry in. Marriage licences are good for 120 days, and
the wedding doesn’t need to occur in the same town that issued
the licence. After you bring all the required documents
to the court or mayor’s officer, and pay the licence fee,
after the ten day waiting period the marriage license becomes valid
and you can marry, either in church or in front of a judge or
mayor. To marry within only 10 days you must plan
your trip carefully. For the shortest stay, you would plan to arrive
in Manila or Cebu in the morning take taxi from airport to the
consulate or embassy, get the Affidavit In Lieu of a Certificate
of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage, then pushing on to the
local mayors or judge’s office before they close. On the tenth day you can pick up your approved
marriage licence and marry. When planning your whirlwind 10 day trip,
keep in mind that government offices are closed on weekends
and holidays and plan your arrival and departure accordingly. And of course while a 10 day trip including
wedding is possible, it would be prudent and more relaxing if you
give yourself few more days overall to your visit. This would give you
a cushion in case of delayed flights, traffic jams, and so on. When can you bring your new spouse to the
USA? Unlike what we saw in old movies an American
can’t arrive, sweep a foreign beauty off her feet then throw
her over his shoulder to board a Pan Am jet back to the USA. Sorry, but once the honeymoon is over, you
will most likely be returning to the USA alone. To bring your new spouse to the USA. You need to apply
through US immigration. Of course I can help. Usually we start working together well before
your wedding, in order to get “all our ducks in a row”. But the earliest we can actually submit your
application will be a few months after the wedding. This is because
in order to successfully apply, your application needs to
include a copy of your marriage certificate issued by the
Philippines Federal government. Sadly, in the past the Philippines has been
plagued by fraudulent or counterfeit Civil documents. In order to make
civil documents trustworthy, the the Philippines government
has instituted national government office called the Philippines
Statistics Authority, PSA. PSA’s job is to verify and vet
Civil documents such as birth, death and marriage certificates. Even though, soon after the wedding, the local
judge or mayor has issued you a local marriage certificate, that document
is not accepted by US immigration. Instead, only the PSA version is acceptable. And it takes three months or so for the PSA
to issue their own marriage certificate. Once the wedding takes place, the time it
takes to bring your spouse to the USA will be about 3 months to obtain
the PSA marriage certificate plus another 14 to 18 months at US immigration
before the visa is issued, and life together in the USA can begin. Because it takes such a long time to bring
your spouse to the USA many couples, decide not to marry in Philippines,
and instead choose to marry in the USA. With a Fiance Visa, once a face to face
meeting has taken place, a couple can usually get permission to
come to the USA in only 8 to 9 months. What can you do to speed the process ? Don’t wait to bring VisaCoach on board. Typically, we should start
working together months in advance of your trip to get married. This way we can get most of the logistics
out of the way, and on your trip to get married you will be armed with
detailed instructions and checklists of what bases to touch during your
trip, and what to bring back in the way of evidences to make your
visa application strong and likely to be processed as smoothly and
quickly as possible. Then we craft your application to VisaCoach’s
high standards, leaving a placeholder to insert the PSA marriage certificate
the moment it is issued. This was Fred Wahl, The VisaCoach Please “like” or add your comments to this
video. Then go
to and sign up for the VisaCoach monthly newsletter. Each month it is full of tips and advice on
marriage based immigration. And its free of charge. And when you sign up you get
two free ebooks I have written “120 K1 Visa Interview Practice Questions,
and “5 Things your must know before starting your visa” Finally, when you are ready to get started,
call for your free introductory consultation and speak
with me directly, Before starting on your immigration adventure,
before entering an arcane maze of rules, regulations
and procedures, before committing yourself to a risky path
that could mean an end to your happiness, speak with
the VisaCoach and ask for his Free Consultation. He listens to you to learn the red flags and
strengths of your case, your eligibility and goals. He will suggest
which visa is right for you, the best strategy to get it,
and how soon your love could join you. The friendly advice and wisdom he’ll freely
share with you, might make the difference between approval
and denial, and could save you months, or years, of loneliness
and separation. What have you got to lose? Book your free consultation today.


  1. Post
  2. Post
    Jegmarie Laporre

    Hi, can I ask for the visa for me and to my kids .we have a plan to get married with my fiancee from Florida maybe next year, I have two children from my late husband and I want to go with me if ever, we are qualified to apply the visa and my visas kids after we got married? What kind of visa?

  3. Post
  4. Post
  5. Post
  6. Post
  7. Post
  8. Post
  9. Post
    Mara Stewart

    Hi Visa Coach. I want to know if what happen if the spouse will apply tourist visa just to visit in her husband country ? instead spouse visa since the couple or the partner is no plan yet to stay long in USA..

  10. Post
    Llany Lynn Ampong

    Hello sir.. I just want to ask.. should the original copy of divorce decree to bring in u.s embassy to get affidavit of lieu..?

  11. Post
    Maria Maria

    My fiance’ got ‘affidavit’ instead of ‘legal capacity to contract marriage’ but it stated there that he is allow to marry. Is it same or not?

  12. Post
  13. Post
    Ace Domingo

    What happens if you don’t get married after within 90 days upon arrival to the US on a k1 visa and the foreign fiancé/fiancée return to his/her home land, is the k1 application be approved by the consular officer the second time?

  14. Post
    pervaiz shani

    Hello sir , I am pakistani citizen studying in Russia and my fiancé is American..we gonna get marry in that possible ?…what would we have to do , is that any way that we can get marriage license in Russia , even I asked from nearest US embessy they told me to go back to my country of origin to marry there ..

  15. Post

    I just have my USA passport and legal capacity to marry affidavit from embassy, no birth cert with me. But we just want to do fiancee' visa. so all she needs is her PSA and NSO, she also has PI passport and our daughter is American born abroad with US BC and passport. I wrote your number down. but want to ask before I waste my time.

  16. Post
    Charito Bermudo

    How about we will get married here in philippines. And would want to just visit usa. Meaning no plan to live there.. Justvisit. What visa shall i apply.?

  17. Post
  18. Post
    Rosemarie Aporto

    Hello Mr.Fred Wahl..
    I have American fiancee..
    the problem here is..
    I'm Catholic and He's PROTESTANT…
    He said protestant didn't release a BAPTISMAL CERTIFICATE…and
    I just want to ask Mr. Wahl
    Is it possible to PROTESTANT can marry a CATHOLIC??
    And protestant has a BAPTISMAL CERTIFICATE???
    I'm looking forward for your respond Mr. Wahl..
    Thank you so much..🙂🙂🙂

  19. Post
    andy airtight

    Thanks for the info…

    the girl i want to marry is in maramag….but i can only get "certificate in lieu of marriage" in manila or cebu

    I made my flight to manila….and it arrives 1:40pm july 11….so i am planning on making late appointment
    And i go back home on the 25th leaving me in philippines for 2 days

    So i would have to go back morning of 12th for certificate…..then fly to davao to go to maramag rent car and hope i make it to local registry…..i was unaware that the 10 day wait is in business days i thought it was a residential requirement….so i would be cutting trip real close with no room for error

    But from what video says i am better off going there to get engaged rather than married? I do not want to wait to bring her home….so i can either get engaged and wait from 8 months to 2 years.

    Or i can marry and get her to usa 6 months or longer

    Or i can marry her and apply for k-3 with an experienced lawyer (you) to bring her sooner?

  20. Post
    Divine Punay

    My husband is american citizen and he is going back to us this june and his dad already called your office ,but we just want to know if what visa can we get if i will bring my 3 year old daughter with me? And can my daughter come with me if her last name is her fathers last name? Or we need to change her last name to my maiden name?
    Thank you!

  21. Post
    Bernadette Valle

    Applying or getting the certificate of legal capacity to marry, is it need to book online for appointment or go direct to us embassy? Thank you

  22. Post
    Aileen Diaz jarrett

    Hi sir ,what if my boyfriend in the usa had 2 previous divorce?is it okay to bring his latest certificate of divorce to bring when he come to the us embassy?

  23. Post
  24. Post
    James Patterson

    Hi visa coach im a usa citizen. I want to move to philippines marry a filipina there. I plan to live in philippines after marrying there. What do i need to marry this filipino woman in her country. How long will it take me to process papers to become filipino citizen ?

  25. Post
    Kalikal 2A

    Im 23 newly stationed US Army in fairbanks Alaska. Still an E-1 pay grade and met a girl a while ago I want to marry either in Philippines or Stateside. Just wanna know the right process as I dont earn much still and only get leave 2 times a year. Would love to find out more

  26. Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *